Monday 23 January 2012

Super easy bunting DIY


I love bunting! It's so easy to make and then you can use it to decorate pretty much anything. I made several of them for my shop and it really brightens up the place. I recently made some for my soon-to-be-sister-in-law's birthday party and everyone loved it! 

What you need:
  1. Some colour paper - or any paper you like. You can use old magazine, newspaper, wrapping paper, postcards, old calendar... The possibilities are endless!
  2. Scissors
  3. Hole puncher
  4. String
  5. Pencil and ruler



So here's how to do it in three easy steps:


1.  Cut strips of paper of the same high - that's how high your triangles are going to be. 



2. Draw triangles on the strips and cut them out. Mine were 12cm wide - I marked every 12cm on top of my strip and then did the same on bottom, but the first mark was at 6cm (and then every 12cm). Then I simply joined the dots and got perfect triangles :)





3. Punch hole each triangle and put the string through the holes. Continue until you have your desired length and ta-da! You have your own bunting!





I do apologise if my instructions are not clear - I'm totally rubbish at writing tutorials... Hope you can understand it anyway. Have fun!

I'm working on few bunting projects and will share them with you soon!

Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog