Thursday 23 May 2013

What's on my bedside table and books to read this summer

I love books. I love reading. I love being in the fantasy world and switch off for a while. Books work better for me than movies, I never "lived" a movie while I actually "live" a book, if that make any sense at all. 
I love collecting books. I've got plenty of them and it still is not enough for me. And I never sell a book or exchange it for another one. I get the idea though and I think it's really sweet. But my books are mine and it would feel weird of saying good-bye to them as it feels that we shared something together. A book really becomes a friend to me and you don't get rid of your friends.

I have many books I haven't even read yet or read half of it and left it and now I don't remember where I finished (or what it actually was about) and have to start from the beginning. So I decided that this summer, starting from tonight, I will read the books I never had time to read. And to be sure I'll do that I moved them to my bedside table. 
So now on my bedside table I have: 
- 10 books I want to read, 
- an alarm clock I accidently stole from my previous landlord. It was in the room we used to rent and I just packed it up with everything else when we were moving.. if you're reading this Mr. Duncan then just know that I am really sorry  (no, not really as I totally love the clock)
- two dwarfs from my shop - they remind me of how lucky I am to be able to follow my dreams
- gameboy - Mr. Hubby still believes he can beat me on Mario Bros but I'm simply the best so he has no chances. I don't tell him that though. Only when I want to tease him. Which is always



How is it that I never know what to write in my posts and then when I start they become so super long? I really wanted to make it short.. Anyway, I won't bore you any more (if any of you actually got to this point). Here's the list of books I'm gonna read. If you are interested of course :)


  1. The Man Who Planted Trees by Jean Giono - this story is so short it won't take me longer than 30 minutes to read it yet I still haven't done so.. 
  2. The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov - I read this book about 4 times already. It's my favourite one of all times so I will read it again.
  3. Arthur and George by Julian Barnes - I only bought this book because I really liked the cover. Yes, I do that quite often.
  4. Self by Yann Martel - bought that one as I really liked Life of Pi 
  5. Couscous with Pauline by Tina Johnston - written by my friend and I even have it signed! 
  6. Tomorrow, Insha'allah by Tina Johnston - already read it once couple of years ago and loved it! Want to read it again as Couscous with Pauline is a continuation so need to be in the picture :) You can buy the books here
  7. Life of Pi by Yann Martel - already read half of it, then left it (lack of time again!) and now I don't know where I finished..
  8. Rio Anaconda by Wojciech Cejrowski - it's probably the wittiest, funniest and saddest travel book written (already started so I know). I don't think it's been translated to English yet, but if you know Polish then I strongly recommend it!
  9. Atonement by Ian McEwan - started that one countless times and never went through the second chapter.. Don't ask me why
  10. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell - I think there was a movie made and Mr. Hubby wanted to see it. I made him wait until I read the book first.. (there are three more movies he wants to see but waits for me to read the book)
What are you going to read this summer?     

1 comment:

  1. Just found this blog via pinterest - do like it, such a pity it's no longer active... lots of interesting ideas

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog