Friday 10 February 2012

Marshmallow Pops

That's how I made the 'lollipops' for The Sweetest Date. It's really very, very easy (and in my case very, very messy..). Oh, I just managed to take two pictures during preparations, my chocolate was melting like crazy and had to stare it all the time!



You will need:

  • lollipop sticks - I used wooden sticks from my local craft shop
  • marshmallows
  • plain chocolate or cooking chocolate

Optionally:
  • cupcake sprinkles
  • ribbon to tie on the sticks - just to make them pretty

1. Start with putting marshmallows in the freezers for approx 5 minutes - they are so much easier to put on a stick when they are cold!

 



 2. Put them on a stick


3. Melt your chocolate in a bowl placed over boiling water, or alternatively melt in a microwave. I was advised to add a spoon of butter to the chocolate and melt it together - it was smoother.


4. Cover the marshmallows with chocolate. If you want to sprinkle it with cupcake sprinkle do it straight away. I regret I didn't have any at the time, they would look much nicer.


5. Leave to cool - I put mine in a tall glass and placed in the fridge to speed the process up.
It your marshmallow 'lollipops' or dunk it in hot chocolate :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog