The Picnic Date
Ok, somehow it doesn't look as good as it really was, but that's just to give you an idea. For that date you really don't need much! And you can prepare in literally 10 minutes!
What I did:
- Bought cheese: brie, Camembert, cheddar
- Bought ham (at least I pretended it was ham)
- Got fresh bread - baguettes works best
- Got my favourite wine
- Got some fresh vegetables (just imagine they are on the photo)
- Set up the scene: put blanket on the floor, lit some candles, sprinkle everything with little paper hearts, hung paper clouds to make it look like a real picnic outside, brought the biggest plants we have - we needed some trees!
Other ideas for the date, which I didn't have time to make:
- Prepare "summer" salad - just put together lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes.. you have the idea. Mix olive oil with honey, salt, black pepper, crushed garlic, a little bit of hot chili and lemon juice and add to salad, then sprinkle everything with roasted pumpkin seeds or chopped roasted nuts
- Pour some olive oil in a small bowl, add some spices if you like - use for dipping your bread in
- Hang bunting up for more festive look
Obviously, Mr Boyfriend and I couldn't just clean up everything after we finished taking photos... So we had another very nice date!